Smokin' HOT

Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark) - Kresley Cole

Beebs' Review

I gave this one 4 stars!

The 16th book in the Immortals After Dark series, it takes a seriously good author to keep readers' attention through so many books but Kresley Cole has done it again IMHO, I'm still hooked!!

This book introduces two new characters, Jo and Rune, and a whole new set of protagonists for the Accession, the Møriør. At the beginning of this book, we meet Jo and Thad, her brother, when they are just children. Jo has no memories of her life before she is found wandering the streets with Thad as a newborn and the events leading to them being separated are heartbreaking. She has spent her life since being separated on her own, she knows she is different but has no idea exactly what species she is or whether or not there are others of her kind. She comes across Rune when he is 'servicing' four nymphs, she is intrigued and wants to ask him questions about her powers and other paranormals but she doesn't want him to know that she is clueless about this world. Thus follows a sweet, angsty,smoking hot rocky path to happy ever after.

Nix plays quite a big part in this story and leads them on a wild goose chase all over this world and others before bringing them back to right where they started, leading to a run-in with the Valkyrie where we get glimpses of past favourites. We don't meet all of the Møriør but the ones we do meet are interesting and I can't wait to read more about Orion and Darach.

*Received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review