Mercury Striking

Mercury Striking - Rebecca Zanetti

Beebs' Review

First in a new series, The Scorpius Syndrome, due for release January 2016

Life as we know it has come to an end, in this post-plague world Lynne Harmony is the best hope of finding a cure for Scorpius. Unfortunately there are those who want to use her for their own ends, none of them good. She has spent weeks travelling to get to what she hopes is safety with Jax Mercury, an ex-special ops solder who has unwillingly become leader of a group of survivors based in LA. From the very beginning, the chemistry between these two is smoking hot but Jax knows Lynne is hiding something and he doesn't give up until he knows everything. It takes a long time for them to trust each other but when they do it is obvious that they will do whatever it takes to keep each other safe and stay together.

I don't want to give away too many spoilers but it's safe to say I loved the world building in this book and cannot wait to see what happens next. Danger is lurking everywhere but there is a glimmer of hope for the future.

This was my first read from Rebecca Zanetti but it definitely won't be my last. I was up very late last night, not wanting to put this book down, I had to sleep eventually though so I got straight back to it this morning. I cannot wait for the next book which looks set to be about Vinnie and Raze, yay!!!!!

* Received from Netgalley