Adorable Nerds

Status Update - Annabeth Albert

Beebs Review

Adrian's sister is marrying his ex-boyfriend, in desperation he invites his online, long distance boyfriend to come to the wedding with him. They decide to hire a RV and drive so they can get to know each other on the way. Sadly, his date is a douche and he leaves him stranded at a snowy campground with nothing but the clothes on his back, his dog and a dying phone. Noah has been staying at the same campground, sees what happened and offers to help. When morning arrives and Adrian is no closer to a way home, Noah offers to drive him.

Thus begins a beautiful, if not straightforward journey to love. Both of these men have their own problems, though Adrian is out and proud, he has always stuck to long distance relationships that can't possibly work out. Noah is very firmly in the closet, he has spent his whole life being told what a sin it is to be gay and now works for a college who will sack him if they find out.

Watching these two get to know each other and overcome their problems was wonderful, if heartbreaking at times. I loved them both, I loved their dogs, I loved Adrian's work colleagues and I came to love their families.

*I received an arc from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review