I wish he were mine too

I Wish You Were Mine  - Lauren Layne

Beebs Review

Jackson Burke's career as a quarterback is over due to injuries received in a car crash, life as he knew it is basically over and he's at a real low point in his life. He agrees to meet up with his ex-sister in law Mollie because they had always been friends even though he hasn't seen her in a long time. At first Jackson came across as real stand-offish and self pitying but as the story unfolds it's easy to see how he became that way. After a while Mollie and the Oxford/Stiletto crew bring him out of his shell and the real Jackson emerges, he's a really sweet guy when he gets over himself. Mollie is a great character, she's sweet, smart and sassy if still a little naive.

Madison is a Grade A bitch, totally self-absorbed and happy to manipulate everyone and anyone to get want she wants. She may have been a good sister to Mollie at one point but that time was long in the past. Mollie's loyalty to her sister is admirable but I'm not sure Madison deserved it.

All in all, this was a great read, Jackson and Mollie were great characters and the cameos from past characters is always good plus we get little tidbits about their present lives too. Lincoln is up next and I am dying to know what his story is, he is definitely hiding something.

*Received from Netgalley