Fish Stick Fridays

Fish Stick Fridays - Rhys Ford

Beebs' Review

What can I say? Another winner from Rhys Ford, I loved Deacon, I loved Lang and I loved, loved, loved Zig.

Deacon is a bad boy biker until he hears that his sister is dead and her little girl is in the foster system. He immediately fights to get custody, drops everything in his life and moves them to Half Moon Bay to give her a better life. Awwwwwww!!

Lang is a very wealthy bookstore owner, he is also their neighbour at the auto-shop and their landlord. He settled in Half Moon Bay after some nasty events in his own life and because his Grandma left him a house and a lot of other property there.

Zig is an adorable little 8 year old monster, she has had a horrible life to date and is just starting to trust that she can have a stable life with Deacon.

When these three come together, it is just wonderful. Deacon and Lang are wary of getting involved with each other but they can't stay away from each other. They are open and honest with each other at all times, Deacon is not sure he's good enough for Lang because Lang came from money and he's trailer trash but Lang isn't having any of that. Having money never made him happy but being with Deacon does, he can see what a good man he is just by watching him with Zig.

I could go on all day about how good this book is, some of the scenes with Zig had me laughing out loud or sniffling at how sweet Deacon is to her. The secondary characters are great too though Lang's brother West had a moment when I wanted to slap him. There are some very tense moments when their collective past is coming back to haunt them and I loved the way they all supported each other through it. Just can't recommend this book enough.