Against the Rules

Against the Rules (The Boundaries Series) - A.R. Barley

Beebs' Review

Boundaries book 2

I really enjoyed the first book in this series and I was really looking forward to this, Kelly's story. My expectations were probably too high and while I really liked it, I didn't love it as much as the first book.

Kelly has had a really tough time of it and is still reeling from everything that's happened, he's been getting himself into more and more dangerous situations so that he can forget for a while. Ian comes along and saves him from one of those dangerous situations, realises what is going on and vows to help Kelly and keep him safe.

I enjoyed the relationship between them, it was understandably slow and tentative with both of them still wary because of past experiences but it was lovely to watch their relationship develop and them fall in love.

So what didn't I love? The resolution of Kelly's problems happened a little too quickly for me, it just felt kind of rushed at the end. That said I was glad to see them get their HEA and I'm hoping for a little love to come Chi Chi's way next.

*Received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review